Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Update and Computer Death

Computer Death: Today, my motherboard gave out/got fried. This had me scared to death at first because the auto-diagnostic on the computer said it was a hard disk failure, but they work fine on my friend's system (where I'm posting from) so I haven't lost any of the work I've done on anything. It just means I have a motherboard that doesn't detect hard drives. This means that I'll be completely out of commission for about a week while I wait for newegg to ship replacement parts and get them set up. It was due for an upgrade anyway. Unless of course I go home and it all magically works again... yeah... that could happen... >.>

Update: I've had a few people ask about the status of the two comics I've been working on for honestly quite a while now (Anetoris and Jyuki Enbu). While I've been intending to continue on these slowly while I work on two commissions (Slave Heroines and Cynthia), with a heavy college load this semester I haven't had the time to work on 4 projects at once, so they keep getting pushed back in favor of the projects I'm getting paid for.

I still intend to finish these books, but it will likely be about a week into May before I have the time to put into them again... Maybe a touch longer with the dead computer problem. But after this term ends, I'll have about 2 months before the summer term starts where I can catch up with everything.

3 comments:

  1. have had this happen to be before too, shit sucks.

    you thinking of getting a usb dock for backing up things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a 500GB external I've been using for portable storage that I plan to start using as a backup for a lot of things now, just to be safe.

    I really lucked out not losing my hard drives too. That would have cost me over 200GB of anime fansubs and hentai and another 40GB of doujins...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm too interested in the translation of chun li's manga (tenimuhou 03 and tenimuhou 04).
    what do you need to help viewers?

    ReplyDelete